Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Mold can be found everywhere and, whether you can see it or not, chances are your property has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the type of mold that resides in your house or business is the real issue. Mold spores move through the air and enter structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a residence on shoes, clothing and animals. It can be nearly impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your property. You should take action as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to consult with who will advise on the species of mold present is imperative. Add to that an expert who will devise the best way to treat it then perform the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. We offer mold remediation and removal services partnered with basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your house as well as major health issues to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it’s found in, meaning the longer it remains without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. The experts at Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your house and effectively deal with treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 basic strains of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in people which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic microorganisms.
With the variety of molds that can reside in homes, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis will aid in helping make your house safe and free from the most damaging molds.
Some common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which grows outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It thrives in damp, porous surfaces like wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor kinds cause asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less rampant household mold is good, as it is among the more horrible. It needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It is a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, inducing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in homes after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a dank odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in cold and warm environments and moves quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts adversely with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is most commonly located in a home’s soft goods and grows and moves in cold weather. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It grows in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is almost always located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know there is mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services necessary to remove damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.